•Lindsey Wilson athletics has finished in the Learfield Cup's top-10 in six of the last eight years.
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- Thanks to a number of high finishes in a bevy of NAIA National Championships in 2011-12, Lindsey Wilson College athletics finished the academic year fifth in the NAIA Learfield Sports Directors' Cup.
The finish is No. 5 on the Lindsey Wilson College athletics' Top-22 of 2011-12.
The fifth place finish is the second highest mark for Lindsey Wilson -- LWC finished third in 2005-06.
The all-sports competition -- sponsored by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) -- allows schools to score in 12 sports (six male and six female) based on their finish during the national championships.
Click here to read about the finish.
More about No. 5…
- The Blue Raiders scored 700 points.
- Lindsey Wilson men's soccer scored the most points (100) for their national title.
- Wrestling added 80 points in the winter and women's tennis provided 70 points in the spring.
- Lindsey Wilson scored in all 12 sports.
- 279 schools completed in the Learfield Cup in 2011-12.
- Lindsey Wilson has finished in the Learfield Cup's top-10 in six of the last eight years.