- The Blue Raiders 23-0 record is the second perfect season in the program's history
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- A national title, a conference regular season and tournament title, an undefeated season and a No. 1 ranking were just a few of the accomplishments during the Lindsey Wilson College men's soccer team's 2011 season.
The men's soccer team's season is No. 7 on the Lindsey Wilson College athletics' Top-22 of 2011-12.
The Blue Raiders recorded the program's second perfect season with a 23-0 record while capturing a ninth national title, a 10th regular season Mid-South Conference championship and an 11th MSC Tournament title.
More about No. 7…
- Lindsey Wilson held the No. 1 ranking during the 2011 season for five weeks. The Blue Raiders were in the top-5 for 12 of the 13 weeks last season.
- The Blue Raiders own 36 No. 1 rankings since the 2000 season -- tied for the most with MSC foe Rio Grande.
- Lindsey Wilson has been ranked for 57 consecutive polls -- the longest active streak in the NAIA.
- The Blue Raiders 23-0 record is the second perfect season in the program's history. The 1995 Blue Raiders finished 25-0.
- Lindsey Wilson was 7-0 at home, 11-0 on the road and 5-0 at neutral sites.
- The 11 road wins are a program record.
- In their nearly 2,100 minutes of action this season, the Blue Raiders trailed just 57 minutes and 49 seconds.
- They led 1,224 minutes and 17 seconds.
- Lindsey Wilson outscored its opponents 77-12 during the 2011 season. The 77 goals were the third most in the NAIA.
- The Blue Raiders recorded 14 shutouts in 2011 -- the most in the NAIA.
- Lindsey Wilson won five times in overtime.
- The Blue Raiders beat 12 teams either ranked or receiving votes in 2011. Six were ranked in the top-10.
- After leading his team to the national title, Ray Wells was selected as the NSCAA and Brine NAIA National Coach of the Year. He was also picked by his peers as the MSC Coach of the Year.
- Lebogang Moloto and Chris Williams earned NAIA First-Team All-American honors.
- Carl Pettersson earned Mid-South Conference Freshman of the Year honors.