Football finished 7-3 in 2011 and No. 25 in the NAIA Spring's Top-25
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- After a five-win season in its inaugural season in 2010, the Lindsey Wilson College football program had high expectations coming into 2011.
The Blue Raiders fulfilled those expectations and more in 2011 with seven wins and the program's first national ranking.
Football's outstanding year is No. 14 on the Lindsey Wilson College athletics' Top-22 of 2011-12.
Lindsey Wilson produced a perfect October with three road wins and a 37-24 win over Kentucky Christian University at Blue Raider Stadium. Lindsey Wilson won five out of its last six games and ultimately finished the season at No. 25 on the NAIA Football Coaches Spring Top-25 Poll.
More about No. 14…
- Football set or matched 41 team records in 2011.
- In just two seasons, the Blue Raiders own a 12-9 overall mark.
- Lindsey Wilson was 7-0 in 2011 against unranked teams.
- The Blue Raiders finished the season with a 4-1 record on the road.
- Lindsey Wilson defeated Belhaven University 34-28 in dramatic fashion on Sept. 17, with a touchdown toss from Branden Cresap to Chaz Barnes with 10 seconds left in the game. Click here to read about game.
- More late-game heroics came in the Blue Raiders' 28-24 win over University of Pikeville as Branden Cresap capped an 11-play drive with a quarterback sneak with 2.1 seconds for the win. Click here to read about game.
- The Blue Raiders finished tied for second place in the MSC East Division with a 3-2 record.
- Branden Cresap was named MSC East Division Offensive Freshman of the Year.
- Alex Abner was named MSC East Division Defensive Freshman of the Year.
- Chaz Barnes, Branden Cresap and Jon Smith were named the MSC East Division First Team.
- Jon Smith was named to the All Commonwealth Collegiate Team. Click here to read about Smith's award.
- Coach Chris Oliver was named AFCA Region 1 Co-Coach of the Year. Click here to read about Oliver's award.