Ronoh earns NAIA All-American honors four times during 2011-12
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- Lindsey Wilson College junior Sharon Ronoh produced a dominating year in cross country and track & field in 2011-12.
Ronoh's impressive year is No. 16 on the Lindsey Wilson College athletics' Top-22 of 2011-12.
Ronoh earned four NAIA All-American honors during the academic year for her finishes at the cross country national championship and the indoor and outdoor track & field national championships.
Her eighth place finish at the NAIA Cross Country National Championships in late November produced Ronoh's first All-American honor. The national championship came on the heels of Ronoh winning six straight races, including the Mid-South Conference Championships and MSC Women's Runner of the Year honors.
In the spring, Ronoh earned All-American honors at the NAIA Indoor Track & Field National Championships (5,000 meters) in March and at the NAIA Outdoor Track & Field National Championships (5,000 and 10,000 meters) in May.
More about No. 16…
- At the cross country national championships, Ronoh's time of 17 minutes and 15 seconds was nearly two minutes faster than her time at the 2011 championships.
- In addition to her MSC Runner of the Year honor, Ronoh was named MSC Runner of the Week six of the seven times the award was handed out.
- Ronoh won the MSC Cross Country Championships by more than a minute over her nearest competitor.
- Ronoh set school records this season in indoor 5,000 meters (17:29.52) and outdoor 5,000 meters (16:52.94).
- She won three times this season at 10,000 meters and twice at 5,000 meters.
- She won the 5,000 meters and 10,000 meters races at the MSC Outdoor Track & Field Championships to earn all-conference honors in both.
- Ronoh owns both -- 5,000 meters and 10,000 meters -- Mid-South Conference records.
- She holds the school records in indoor 5,000 and 10,000 meters and outdoor 5,000 and 10,000 meters.