Blue Raiders won 22 straight during the season
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- The Lindsey Wilson College baseball team set a number of program records in 2012 and none more impressive than its 22-game winning streak during the 2012 season.
The winning streak is No. 17 on the Lindsey Wilson College athletics' Top-22 of 2011-12.
Lindsey Wilson began the improbable streak on March 20 with a 9-5 win at Martin Methodist College. The Blue Raiders next loss came exactly one month later on April 20 with a 6-2 loss at West Virginia University Tech.
Lindsey Wilson's 22nd win in a row -- an 18-8 win over Brescia University on April 18 -- broke Tennessee Wesleyan College's streak of 21 games set earlier in the season.
Click here to read about win No. 22.
More about No. 17….
- Lindsey Wilson outscored its opponents 182-60 during the 22-game winning streak.
- The Blue Raiders won four 3-game MSC series during the streak, including a sweep of then-No. 13-ranked Campbellsville University.
- During the streak, Lindsey Wilson came-from-behind to win nine times and won the game in their last at-bat four times.
- The Blue Raiders won four 1-run games during the streak and won 10 times by five or more runs.
- The Blue Raiders' record was 15-10 when they began the streak and 37-10 at the conclusion of the streak.
- Lindsey Wilson won three times in run-ruled games and once in extra innings during the winning streak.
- During the streak, Lindsey Wilson won 11 home games and 11 road games.
- The winning streak surpassed the previous team record by 12 games.
- During the season, Lindsey Wilson won a program-record 43 games and reached the program's first NAIA National Tournament.