Blue Raiders record the biggest upset of the NAIA Tournament
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- The No. 11-seed Lindsey Wilson College women's tennis team recorded the biggest upset of the NAIA National Championships in May en route to reaching the national quarterfinals.
The upset is No. 20 on the Lindsey Wilson College athletics' Top-22 of 2011-12.
The 5-2 win over No. 6-seed Point Loma Nazarene (Calif.) University was one of only two upsets during the tournament.
Click here to read about women's tennis team's upset.
More about No. 20….
- The Blue Raiders never trailed in the match -- winning two of three doubles points and three of four singles matches on their way to the win.
- Lindsey Wilson was the only team to play in the opening round to reach in the national quarterfinals.
- Lindsey Wilson made its eighth straight national tournament appearance in 2012.
- In their eight tournaments, the Blue Raiders have reached the quarterfinals five times.
- Lindsey Wilson finished 2012 with a 17-4 overall record and 6-0 in the MSC.
- The Blue Raiders won the program's eighth MSC regular season title and tournament titles in 2012.
- Trina Slapeka concluded her career as a four-time NAIA First Team All-American and four-time Mid-South Conference Player of the Year.
- Lindsey Wilson concluded the season ranked No. 8 in the final poll following the national tournament.
- While Slapeka made NAIA First Team All-American, Diana Gerlakh, Slavica Milanovic and Laura Vergara were named honorable mention All-American.