COLUMBIA, Ky. -- The Lindsey Wilson College men's swimming team finished 10th at the NAIA National Championships in early March to earn it's first-ever top-10 at nationals.
The finish is No. 21 on the Lindsey Wilson College athletics' Top-22 of 2011-12.
The Blue Raiders finished with 108 total points to finish six spots higher than last season's 16th place finish and five spots better than its best finish of 15th in 2010.
Click here to read about men's swimming team's finish
More about No. 21….
- The relay team of Luke Royal, Daniel Lyle, Jonathan Hindman and Connor Lyle finished ninth in the 400-yard freestyle on the final day of the national championships to help the Blue Raiders jump into the top-10.
- The top score of the championships for Lindsey Wilson came from the 400-yard medley relay team of William Avery, Jonathan Hindman, Corey Hall and Connor Lyle with a sixth place finish.
- The 108 points at the national championships breaks a school record for most team points at nationals. The previous best was 18 points in 2009-10.
- Lindsey Wilson men's swimming completed its third season of competition in 2011-12.
- The national championships took place at the Oklahoma City Community College pool.
- During the 2011-12 season, the men's swimming team won six duals.